Aug 3, 2022
This week in our series on
same-sex attraction, Jake and Bob speak with Andrew Comiskey,
founder of Desert Stream Ministries. Desert Stream helps people of
all every sexual orientation begin to heal areas of sexual
brokenness. Andrew brings his humor, passion, faith and care to
this conversation. Andrew desires to offer a safe space within the
Church to those who are seeking integration, wholeness and healing
in areas of sexuality and we hope you experience the Father’s
merciful heart through him in this episode.
The heart is our hidden center,
beyond the grasp of our reason and of others; only the Spirit of
God can fathom the human heart and know it fully. - CCC
- Andrew introduces himself and his
- The common ground of sexual healing no matter
your sexual orientation and/or brokenness
- Why small groups at Living Waters are made up
of women and men working through a variety of brokenness toward
- Andrew expresses his desire to see the Church
be known for being a place that is safe, merciful and
- Andrew shares his testimony of experiencing
same-sex attraction and encountering evangelical Christianity in
his youth which set him on a path to reconcile his desires to
- Andrew and Bob discuss some formative writings
on this subject, especially those of Leanne Payne - they address
why she’s sometimes seen as controversial
- Andrew addresses some cultural shifts that have
occurred in our view of homosexuality as well as enduring
- Jake and Bob summarize their conversation with
Andrew and offer further clarification and explanation of what was
- Look into the work of Desert Stream Ministries
and Living Waters small groups.
- Reflect on your own relationship with your
masculinity or femininity.
- Explore one of the resources below.
Connect with Restore the Glory:
Never miss out on an episode by
hitting the subscribe button right now! Help other people find the
show and grow in holiness by sharing this podcast with them
individually or on your social media. Thanks!
Audio editing by Forte Catholic